Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Friday, March 24, 2006

Shuler update for March '006



I received an update from The Shuler Campaign in my e-mail this morning. I will post some of it and comment a little. If you are interested, you may subscribe to the newsletter here.



Heath Shuler has recently been endorsed by: the North Carolina AFL-CIO, the Blue Dog Democrats, and the Western North Carolina Central Labor Council.

Commentary

Follow the links to find out who has cast their lot in with Heath. I will note that the Western North Carolina Central Labor Council appears to be part of the AFL-CIO, but maybe they are incorporated separately. In my view, a labor union endorsement would lessen my chances of voting for this candidate because I don't care for unions.

The Blue Dog Democrats are also listed here as the Blue Dog Coalition, with 35 members listed. From their site:


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The Coalition has been particularly active on fiscal issues, relentlessly pursuing a balanced budget and then protecting that achievement from politically popular "raids" on the budget

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with practising fiscal conservatism and balancing the budget where ever possible. It would be interesting to see if these elected critters would band together with like-minded critters on the other side of the aisle and trim the budget where appropriate. I view this endorsement as a potential positive.



Heath Shuler with IOI employee

The candidate visited Industrial Opportunities, Inc. in Andrews, NC last week. Find coverage in a local paper.
I coulndn't find a web site for IOI, but did find some history here, and an idea of some of what they manufacture for the feds.

This endorsement is a good one. Of course, the endorsement is used as a spring board to attack the loss of 170,000 manufacturing jobs in NC. Also another swipe at Representative Charles Taylor's CAFTA vote, which I think will make things harder in the primary, and, if he survives, the general election in November.

I will also be posting on the other candidates as I have time and events allow.


It's times like these I wish I had a regular 9 to 5 type job. My present job leaves me wore out since I leave the house around 6am and don't make it back until just after 7pm..even later as daylight lasts longer.




Here is a view of some of my fellows as I take a break from running the chainsaw:



I guess that means everyone was working except me !!!

0 comments :