Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, September 4, 2006

Some News Sources for the John Batchelor Hiatus


I have noticed on my referrer logs that there are still people looking for information on The John Batchelor Show, and its cancellation.

First off, let me say I think WABC AND ABC Radio Networks are idiots of the first order. I will temper that by saying John was given the dignity of having a week to say goodbye, something I've not seen (or heard) on the radio. Usually, your show (or station) just disappears, with no warning. Okay, enough ranting against hated radio executives.

Like most of you, I depended on John and his show for a perspective on world (and interplanetary) events. This is my attempt to provide a list (incomplete) of websites he or guests mentioned, which I wrote down and/or added to my favorites list before I forgot. And of those I have forgotten, you can add them in the comments section by using your mouse to copy and paste the URL into the comments section, and I'll add it to the post. later on, I will add a category to my sidebar with the links in one spot.


Here they are:

The John Batchelor Show

His links Page

The Counterterrorism Blog

World Net Daily

Intelligence Summit Blog

John Loftus Homepage

Car List (lou Ann Hammond's Haunt)

Daivd Grinspoon (The Space Guy)

Malcolm Hoelienn Google search








And here are a few of my personal sources, which include a number of blogs that are ahaed of the news cycle:


The Drudge Report

Northeast Intelligence Network

Jihad watch

Dhimmi Watch

Security Watchtower

Gates of Vienna

The Belmont Club

Pajamas Media

The Jawa Report

Little Green Footballs Use the links on the top left to get at the news feeds.

The Eyrie

The Beak Speaks

Pundita

Heads Up America

Mudville Gazette

Axis Globe

Topix Terror wire

Michael Yon

Threats Watch

Defense Dept News

Kol Israel

The Planetary Society

Space.com

Space Daily

Space Weather

EIN News Subscription News after a trial priod

The Politics of CP

Global Guerrillas

Gateway Pundit

BBC World Service

Google News Service

Yahoo! News

NumbersUSA

The American Resistance



This is not an all-inclusive list, my favorites folder needs some better categorization, and there are more on my sidebars, and in my public bookmarks. Digging for news is not easy, and is a full-time job...
which is why I depend on so many people to dig and report for me on these websites, and more...



5 comments :

Has anyone ever printed a list of what guest went with what intro music?

Not to my knowledge...
Now I wish I had saved all those shows i recorded because I couldn't stay up that late..UUUGGHH!!!!!

Now, all I have is the last week.

I am trying to remember what guest was introduced with the song "The Escatsy of Gold" . I think Eric Shawn was introduced with the theme
from the Magnificent Seven.

Not a clue.
I'd have to say from the title of the song...the federal reserve guy, Aaron Task?
I'm one of those idiots who doesn't know a song unless I'm told what the name of it is every time it's played for the first hundred times I hear it...with my XM Radio, it tells me right away, no muss, no fuss!

Eric Shawn's music was definitely the Magnificent Seven. If it was from a movie soundtrack I could usually guess it. I should've wrote down the theme for each person before he went off the air. Oh well. To the archives I knew there was a good reason for recording him each night ;)

PS: Great set of links there, including some new ones that will go in my bookmarks. Thanks, and thanks for the plug too :)