Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's the Imbeds, Stupid!



In an earlier post, I linked to a couple of sources who were reporting problems for imbeds in Iraq, all seeming to stem from one guy. Now, there are more developments in the situation. I found the first hint over at Defense Tech during my morning rounds. Apparently the offending officer, Lieutenant Colonel Barry Johnson, has been transferred to the Pentagon, either as a reward, or following the bureacratic rule to promote troublemakers away from the scene of the crime.

The whole sad story acts in contrast to the effectiveness of our enemy imbeds on the other side..they even share stories with those "nominally" on our side in this Global War. There was even an attempt at an explanation on the Anderson Cooper Blog. A lot of people say they will quit watching CNN over this story, I had quit watching ages ago, and only listened to Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs infrequently.

My point, before I got off on this goat trail, was that apparently, our military is light years behind in the mediafront in the battlespace...something our enemies make skilled use at daily. This short coming makes me wonder where else our military is falling short...

0 comments :