Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Safer Fission?




Thorium is referred to as a "fertile isotope," vastly more plentiful than U235. In addition, when it undergoes conversion and fission, will not produce plutonium (which U238 will do).

Michael Anissimov posted a fascinating look at Thorium fission, and other aspects of safer, more advanced fission energy, in this excellent post. Michael provides a great deal of information about advanced fission, and a several links at the bottom of his article. He also provides a visionary's look at the possibilities provided by these new technologies that is inspirational.

I never heard of this anywhere. You may find the article at Al Fin's.

This is remarkable, and I have not finished reading the Anissimov piece yet, but could not continue until I got on my tiny rooftop and shouted about it! I see hope.

0 comments :