Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Saturday Matinee: The Keep


In Romania, 1942, a detachment of the German Army is sent to guard a mysterious Romanian citadel located on a strategic mountain pass. When soldiers begin to be mysteriously murdered, the SS arrives to deal with what is thought to be partisan activity. What the SS finds, however, is an evil force trapped within the Keep and a force which will do anything in order to escape.
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. If I were limited to owning just ten movies...this one would be on the list.
I would love toadd a Director's Cut of this by Michael Mann of the three hour version to my DVD collection.


Here are some websites that contain information about the movie, including fan sites, from which I learned that there is a three hour version that Paramount murdered to the 90 plus miutes that aired. Figures...Paramount is (in my opinion) the worst movie studio in America. Their decisions baffle me, and infuriate me as a fan of the Sci-Fi and Horror genres:

A French Fan Site

Another Fan Site (with a very annoying video ad that can't be killed)

Internet Movie Database

0 comments :