Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Monday, July 12, 2010

From the Archives:
Nikwasi Celebration


The Nikwasi Mound in Franklin, NC had the distinction of having a Cherokee Heritage Trail Marker installed on the site in May of 2008, and I was there to observe the proceedings and some of the celebration that followed. 


Here are a couple of videos and some of the photos I took then, and a link to another local blogger who waxed eloquently on the history of the Nikwasi Mound.









I apologize for the low resolution of the video...but all I had at the time was a Kodak Z710 that shot video at QVGA resolution (320x240).




Here are the photos I took at the Nikwasi Celebration, divided into two parts:











And here are excerpts of an exhibition stickball game by the Wolftown Stickball team:















Bookmark and Share

0 comments :