Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Favorite Video

This is the season for looking back, and I've been looking through my video collection on You Tube, and here is my favorite video of all the videos I have shot:



I shot it in August of 2007 during a thunder storm on the campus of western Carolina University that had some pretty good lightning and thunder, and yielded pea-sized hail.

I always get a kick out of how excited I was when it started hailing!

Here is a frame grab of one of the lightning strikes on campus:

I guess I was born in the wrong place to be a storm chaser, huh? We only get a decent storm here every two or three years.

When I was growing up, I would always climb up on the roof of our house to watch the summer lightning storms roll in from the western part of Macon County. From our house, I could see clear down to the Georgia line some twenty miles or so distant, and a good distance west as well. My mother would have a fit, and was mostly unsuccessful at getting me to come down until it would start to rain. I didn't like to get wet. It might also have something to do with the choice of Thunder Pig for my CB Handle, and eventual use as the title of this blog and my pseudonym. Family legend has it that my little brother told my mother that I was a thunder pig, and couldn't get enough thunder. I don't remember it.

0 comments :