Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fire on the Mountain



Yesterday, some contract workers tried to burn a brush pile without raking around it, and even worse, had no rakes or shovels with which they could've combated a breakout. WoW ! And to think we had a hard time keeping our piles going. Go Figure. Anyhow here are some photos I shot of the fire and the response...
















































About four brush trucks from the NC Forest Service and a truck from the Maggie Valley Volunteer Fire Department responded. They all left out the other way, so I didn't get to take their pix while leaving. I don't see how more than an acre could've been burnt. Since we left our fires after dark, I couldn't get a photo of the aftermath. I'll do that Tuesday, since Monday looks to be a rain-out and a day at Hunter Library.

The History Guy

My first Friday without the good Doctor Forstchen on the radio. Bummer. At least I had Dr. Walter Williams to listen to on the other station as he subbed for El Rushbo.

Battlestar Galactica

Oh.My.Freaking.Gosh. (!!!) Somebody slap Dr. Baltar.

0 comments :