Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hamas wins elections?



I guess the old adage that says the Palestinians don't miss an opportunity to mess up IS true.
I hope this finally beats it into some thick skulls in the Israeli electorate that the Palestinians are so driven by hate that they have forfeited any right (if they ever had any) to be regarded as rational people.
I heard the news from the BBC this morning, but didn't give any credence to it because of the Beeb's bias against Israel. Later, as I checked out the Top Stories on FOX, I saw a promo for the rebroadcast of Cavuto talking about a Hamas win. What? Has the world gone mad?
In my opinion, this makes war virtually inevitable. Whether it is a low-intensity conflict or a full-blown affair remains to be seen.


The one bright spot in this whole thing is I believe it improves the chances of Bibi Netanyahu being elected to the office of Prime Minister this spring.
Oh, and one more thing, maybe this will bring the stupid, misguided policy of the Bush 43 administration of trading land for peace to an end. It is folly of the highest order to assume that Palestinians, or their allies, are capable of being faithful to any agreement.
Pray for Israel, her people and her leaders, as well as our own. I see Dark Days ahead.
The Jerusalem Post has a story. I am sure the Blogosphere is inundated with similar stories and misgivings about the future.


I don't even have to check out The Gates of Vienna to know that an insightful analysis is soon to be, if not already, posted.
Another two sites to check are The Belmont Club and the Winds of Change. While I don't always agree with some of the crew at Winds, I am assured that they have thought things through from their point of view.

0 comments :