Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Reuters/C-SPAN/Zogby poll for Jan 8th

New Poll From New Hampshire!


First, the GOP:

  • McCain 36% (34)
  • Romney 27% (29)
  • Huckabee 10% (10)
  • Giuliani 9% (9)
  • Paul 9% (6)
  • Undecided 5% (6)
  • Thompson 2% (3)
Survey of 859 likely Republican primary voters was conducted January 5-7, 2008. The margin of error is +/– 3.4 percentage points. Results from the poll conducted January 4-6, 2008 are in parentheses.


These figures have a real horse race for third between Schmuckerbie, Julie Anne, and Ron Paul. This is not what I expected. I expect Ron Paul to finish ahead of Julie Annie, but not Julie Annie ahead of Thompson. We'll know in about 12 hours.


Now, the Dems:
  • Obama 42% (39)
  • Clinton 29% (28)
  • Edwards 17% (18)
  • Richardson 5% (7)
  • Kucinich 2% (2)
I couldn't find the particulars of the Democrat survey numbers...go figure.

Ouch! I had Clinton to within 6 of Obama, not 13! I wonder why Edwards isn't able to capitalize on the 'apparent' breakup of Clinton, Inc? Could it be that the Democrat Party has freed itself from the 'working man' brand of populism just as the GOP is catching that dread disease?

0 comments :