Notice

I am working on the template of this blog today in order to chase down some problems that have developed with my template and widgets.

nullspace for future use

nullspace for future use

About

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Doctor Dewhurst to Retire

PRESS RELEASE (02-08-2024)
MACON COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH


After serving the last 30 years as the Medical Director for Macon County Public Health, as well as providing Primary Care services for the last eight years, I have decided to retire. Caring for you, my patients, has been the most rewarding part. I have come to know many of you and your families as friends, and I am honored that many of you have trusted me with your care spanning multiple generations.

I am excited to announce that Dr. Allison Smith joined the practice full time on January 29, 2024 taking over my patients by the end of March. Dr. Smith has over 19 years of experience in the field of medicine having graduated from Georgia University of Health Sciences in 2005. I am confident that you will welcome her and will be very pleased with her care. Julie Rogers, our head nurse practitioner, will be assisting everyone with the transition.

It has been an extremely rewarding experience to help Macon County Public Health develop and grow their Primary Care Program. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 828-349-2081.

Sincerely,

Donald A. Dewhurst, MD.


0 comments :